/// Pass Christian Early History /// D'Iberville's Journeys /// Fort Henry /// Pass Christian Yacht Club ///
From the William Henry Jackson Collection of 8x10 Glass Plate Negatives
The Detroit Photographic Company was launched as a photographic publishing firm in the late 1890s and produced black and white and hand tinted color postcards, prints, and photo albums. The photographs were made by William Henry Jackson with a variety of field cameras using glass plate negatives. The firm was known as the Detroit Photographic Co. until 1905 when it became the Detroit Publishing Company.
For more history of Pass Christian, go to http://landmarks.passchristian.net/index.htm